Qualification to Regionals for 2021 to be amended as follows:
If your state is NOT hosting an in-person state championship, athletes can qualify to Levels 6-10 & Silver -
Diamond Xcel Regional Championships as follows:
1. Score from sanctioned competition in 2020 if at the same level
2. In-person sanctioned intrasquad or competition in 2021
3. Virtual sanctioned intrasquad or competition in 2021
If numbers 1, 2 & 3 cannot be met:
4. Video submission of routines on all four events for athletes competing at a new competitive level. Videos need to be submitted to RACC via Google Form (Level 6, Level 7, Level 8, Level 9, Level 10, Xcel Silver, Xcel Gold, Xcel Platinum, Xcel Diamond) and will be reviewed by RAC. Videos due no later than March 12, 2021 for Levels 6-10 and April 2, 2021 for Xcel Silver through Diamond.
5. COVID Petition – If your state is hosting an in-person competition but you are unable to participate due to change in competition date or COVID related reasons, fill out COVID petition form and submit to Gigi Iavarone, Regional Technical Committee Chair: Gigi.RTC1@cox.net and Shane McIntyre, Regional Development Program Committee Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org for Development Program and Gigi Iavarone, Regional Technical Committee Chair: Gigi.RTC1@cox.net and Jill Preston, Regional Xcel Committee Chair: email@example.com for Xcel Program. Deadline to submit is the Monday following your State Championship.
Regional Qualification Scores are as follows:
1. Xcel Silver 34.00, Xcel Gold 33.00, Xcel Platinum/Diamond: 32.00
2. Levels 6 - 10: 34.00
3. Levels 9 & 10 Event Specialists: 9.00